Jana Vitols is an early childhood music educator and vocalist accompanying her classes on ukulele, banjo, violin and guitar. Since 1999, she has shared the joy of music with infants, toddlers and preschoolers at a variety of early learning centers, libraries, developmental preschools, family resource centers, shelters, and music schools.
Jana’s music curriculum is influenced by her degree in Dance Movement Therapy (Naropa University) with additional studies in Dalcroze/Eurhythmics, a pedagogy that aligns music with movement. Drawing from classical, folk, world and improvisational music and movement traditions she creates opportunities for children to learn music fundamentals through imaginative and joyful classes.
As founder and director of Music for Everyone, an independent music program that supports families learning music together, Jana was awarded Parent Map’s Golden Teddy Award for “Best Toddler Class.”
She has had the honor of working at:
- Seattle Symphony’s Soundbridge Music Discovery Center
- Epiphany Early Learning Preschool
- Hilltop Children’s Center
- Wallingford Childcare Center
- Magic Lantern Montessori
- Dusty Strings Music School
- Willa Playschool
- Lakewood Co-op Preschool
- Blossoming Buds Preschool
- Greenwood Developmental Preschool
- Stroum Jewish Community Center Early Learning
- REWA-Refugee Women’s Alliance
- Familyworks: Family Resource Center
- Seattle Emergency Housing Youth Programs
- King County Libraries
Jana’s programs are a big hit at the library! She skillfully keeps the attention of toddlers as she leads them in musical play. Parents love it!
~Gaye Hinchliff, Children’s Librarian, King County Library System